How to Treat & Kill Bed Bugs Fast
Recognize an infestation
- First, you need to make sure that it is in fact bed bugs that have infested your home. To identify bed bugs, make sure the bug you have found has these characteristics.
- Bed bugs are wingless and small insects.
- They are usually less than a centimeter and oval shaped.
- They are light brown in color, sometimes reddish brown depending on when they last fed.
- You may be able to spot bed bugs at many different stages of life so be sure to also look for eggs as to not miss an infestation.
- They are flat and have six legs.
Whatever you do, DO NOT….
Try to eliminate them yourself. Bed bugs become resistant to chemicals if they are not treated properly by professionals. DIY products can make the infestation even worse and end up costing you most in the long run. They can also cause harm when used by untrained individuals.
Also there is false advertising at play as “Bed Bug Pesticides” do not have to back up their claims of effectiveness, in fact their label states “should not be used as sole defense against bed bugs”. It may seem more convenient to purchase these pesticides but the potential cost to health and eventual need to call a pest control professional outweighs the initial “savings”.
Leave it to the professionals at Houston Heat Pest and get it done in one safe, low cost, guaranteed effective treatment. Your inspection is free and we will make sure you are taken care of. We will also make sure to spare your belongings in the process saving you even more money in the long run.
Typical Cost for Getting Rid of Bed Bugs
We offer a free bed bug consultation with a highly skilled professional who will provide you with expert advice and exact pricing for your bed bug situation.
Call us today for a FREE inspection and quote or fill out the form on this page !